Monday, January 21, 2008

A Hurried Welcome

Well, I definitely started this a bit later than I'd planned, but thought I should post a quick note in anticipation of tomorrow morning's Oscar announcements. What is a Filmatelist? I'll deal with that more in my next post, but the prefix is self-evident: part of this blog will be about random film musings, screening logs, and other observations. As an opener, here's my Top 10 list for 2007:

1. There Will Be Blood
2. Into the Wild
3. Into Great Silence
4. No Country for Old Men
5. The Savages
6. Gone, Baby Gone
7. Away from Her
8. Black Book
9. Paprika
10. Dan in Real Life

Honorable Mentions: Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, Deep Water, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Eastern Promises, The Host, The Lookout, Once, Superbad, This is England, Zodiac

And the worst: 300 (Dishonorable mentions: Atonement, Pirates 3)

So that's it for now, but I'll see you soon...

No comments: